The Avenir Centre is fully accessible facility. All accessible seating is available through your local Ticketmaster location, Charge-by-Phone or the Subaru of Moncton Box Office.
Patrons with disabilities may also go directly to the Avenir Centre Box Office to purchase their tickets.
Accessibility areas are located at the top of sections 102 through 107. The floor surface is considered a non-accessible area for wheelchairs and scooters. For safety reasons, guests in wheelchairs or scooters who purchase tickets in non-accessible areas will be relocated.
Below are some considerations for you before attending your event which will enable you to prepare for your visit.
What entrance should I use.
When arriving at the Avenir Centre please use the accessible drop off zone and make your way to Gate 6 where our event centre staff can guide you to your designated seat.
I need help finding my way around the Avenir Centre.
Our staff can assist you with passenger drop-off at the facility. Event Centre staff can assist you with entering and exiting the building, as well as finding and accessing your designated seat.
I use a walker or cane.
At each event, our Staff will be available and always happy to assist.
- A courtesy manual wheelchair is also available for your use at the Avenir Centre.
- Each Gate entrance has button-activated door openers.
- You may also enter through Gate 1.
- There are self-operated elevators located through Gate 1 and at the Premium Ticket Holder entrance at Gate 6. Our Staff are always available to help you should you require assistance with locating and operating the elevators.
I use a wheelchair or scooter.
- Be sure to inform us that you require a wheelchair seat when booking your ticket. We do have seating available for your needs. For safety reasons, guests in wheelchairs or scooters who purchase tickets in non-accessible areas will be relocated.
- There is accessible reserved seating for wheelchairs and scooters located in Sections 102 through 107.
- Each level of the Avenir Centre has washrooms which accommodate a manual or automatic wheelchair chair.
- Our Staff are always available to help you should you require assistance with locating and maneuvering the washrooms.
- The Avenir Centre is pleased to have eight concessions stands that are completely accessible.
I am hard-of-hearing.
The Avenir Centre has assisted listening systems. The assisted listening device can be reserved by calling Avenir Centre Guest Services, and can be picked up at the Guest Services Desk located inside Gate 1.
I require assistance getting to my seat.
- Event staff can assist you with entering and exiting the building, as well as finding and accessing your designated seat
- The way-finding signage at the Avenir Centre uses tactile and Braille lettering.
- A courtesy manual wheelchair is available for your use, to get to and from your seat, at the Avenir Centre, and any of our event staff will be happy to accompany you to your seat in the wheelchair and collect you again after the show.
I need event information provided in an alternate format.
Information about events at the Avenir Centre can be provided to you through the venues social media accounts. Additionally, if you require a hard copy of our upcoming events, we can provide this for you at the venue box office.
I have a guide/working animal.
Guide animals are permitted to stay with their owner throughout the event. A “relief and water” station for guide dogs can be provided with advance notification.
I have a companion or caregiver.
Companions/Caregivers can be seated next to the individual they are accompanying in a wheelchair or scooter in the accessible viewing area. Ideally, tickets for companions/caregivers must be purchased at the same time as the wheelchair seat.
Should you require any additional information to assist you in planning your visit to the Avenir Centre email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns email us at email@example.com